This post is also available in: French
Pierrefonds Baseball Association FAQ
As soon as possible! Info on registration will be mailed and emailed out in the early new-year. Check the website often for details.
Our policy is not to grant releases to players that live in our region. We take great pride in our Program and our volunteers are dedicated to making baseball grow in Pierrefonds. We work hard at the beginning of the season to recruit new players and to retain players from previous years. Our program is very strong and is an example in the region, year in and year out.
Novice level: Teams have “practice-games” two set weekdays, from 6:30 to 7:45 p.m., at Brook or Alexander Park. They might also play exhibition games and participate in a festival (one weekend). For 2010 the Novice days are Mondays and Thursdays. Atom to Midget levels: There are usually two games and one practice per week, but this may vary depending on park availabilities, weather conditions, coaching decisions, etc. The majority of games for Atom B will be on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays. Mosquito B will be Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Peewee B will be Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays. **Note this is subject to change depending on park availability, rescheduling rainouts etc. All ‘A’ levels and Bantam ‘B’ and up are scheduled by the Lac-St-Louis region refer to the 2009 schedules for an idea of games times. Depending on the number of teams per level, each team plays around 22 games, plus play-offs and probably regionals. We also encourage all teams to participate in, at least, one tournament.
Evaluations: In April, weather permitting, all registered players will be contacted to attend evaluations. They will be asked to perform specific drills that will allow our evaluators to place each player at the proper level (A or B) and to make balanced teams. Once teams are made, (mid-May) each player will be contacted by his/her coach for practices, uniform pick-up and parents’ meeting. Game season for ‘B’ level begins last week of May,1st week of June and concludes with playoffs and possibly regionals end of August. ‘A’ level games usually begin 1 to 2 weeks before ‘B’ level. Novice: Begins end of May and concludes mid-August with a novice festival.
Absolutely! Pierrefonds Baseball has girls playing at every level A and B from Novice through Junior. All of our teams are co-ed and we encourage girls to come out and play.
Each player must have:
- Baseball glove
- Jock strap with a cup (Novice players included)
- Batter’s helmet
- Baseball or soccer shoes recommended
A. Roy Sports 12009, rue Notre-Dame E. Montreal H1B 2Y8 or Action Multi-Sports 51 boul cité des Jeunes vaudreuil-Dorin J7V 8C1
- ‘AA’ is the highest level of competition in the region. Pierrefonds joins up with St.Laurent,DDO,Verdun,Lasalle and Montreal-West to form the Cardinals. The Cardinals participate in the Montreal Metropolitan league. Tryouts commence indoors in March.
- ‘A’ or ‘BB’ is for the player that would like a higher level of competition within the Lac-St-Louis zone. Pierrefonds Baseball forms one Dodgers team at each level Atom-Junior. Try-outs for these teams commence with spring training out-doors in April. Every registered Pierrefonds players is invited.
- ‘B’ level is our participation level. The majority of players play within this level. Pierrefonds baseball forms multiple teams at each level Atom-Midget. Pierrefonds joins up with our neighbors in DDO and St.Laurent for competitive games. Spring training for team evaluations begin in April.
Pierrefonds Baseball provides uniforms for all levels: pants, shirts and hats.
Baseball Quebec has rules as such that all players must play within there respective associations. Pierrefonds Baseball is for players living in Pierrefonds, Roxboro, Ile-Bizard and St.Genevieve